This connects to version 2
of the Klout API and replaces the previous version
of the Connector.
The following is an example Schema which can be created with this Connector:
Usage is straightforward and similar to other connectors. The config screen allows you to input the Twitter account you would like Klout informtation for:
You should then have access to a number of tables which you can load into QlikView.
This connector would typically be used in conjunction with the Twitter Connect
. For example you might use the Twitter Connector
to search for Tweets containing a particular brand name and then create a for/next loop in your QlikView load script which sends the Twitter username for each Tweet to the Klout connector to retrieve the Klout score and other info for each Tweeter.
Adhering to Klout's Terms
To use the Klout API, there are really only three things that you must do:
- Give Klout some logo love. Give us, and our data, credit by using our logo and linking to us as possible. Check out our attribution requirements at http://developer.klout.com/API_Terms_of_Use and get the style guide and visual elements at http://developer.klout.com/docs/read/Style_Guide.
- Note that our developer call limits are 10,000 calls per day and 10 calls per second. Contact firstname.lastname@example.org if those limits are insufficient.
Please refer to their documentation at http://developer.klout.com/iodocs
for more about the information that Klout makes available.
PLEASE NOTE: In reference to point 3 above, Klout have been kind enough to bump our current allowance up to over double this but this is shared across all users of QVSource so please use respectfully!
Please contact us if you would like to be able to enter your own Klout API for usage with this connector.
Change Log1.1.1 - 01/12/2015
1.1.0 - 25/05/2015
- Internal refactoring and performance improvements (minor).
- Table names are now case sensitive (as with most connectors).
- Minor refactoring of web exception handling.
- Removed old table name mappings (from 2012 version of Connector).
1.0.5 - 17/03/2015
- Updated to new UI style.
- Added KloutIDFromInstagramId table.
1.0.4 - 21/01/2014
- All API calls now over HTTPS.
1.0.3 - 04/09/2013
- Removed KloutIDFromFacebookThirdPartyId table (seems Klout have removed this from the API).
1.0.2 - 15/08/2013
- Fixed bug with monthChange column showing true/false instead of numeric value.
1.0.1 - 08/02/2013
- Added score_bucket column and fixed recent bug in score column due to API changes.
1.0.0 - 08/01/2013
- Should work well now in async mode (e.g. with processParamsAsync parameter - see docs).
- Other minor performace improvements.
0.9.1 - 12/12/2012
- QVSourceCachedAt field now returned 24 hour time rather than erroneously always returning AM version of time.
- Explicitly disallows async calls.
- Input added for cache time in hours (this was always available as a request parameter).
0.9.0 - 20/09/2012
- Better handling and use of Retry-After header with 403 QPS throttling.
0.8.6 - 16/08/2012
- UserTopicsFromTwitterScreenName and UserInfluenceFromTwitterScreenName tables now work.
0.8.5 - 03/07/2012
- Inputs added to UI for Google Plus and Facebook Third Party Ids.
- KloutID table renamed to KloutIDFromTwitterScreenName (old table name will be mapped to new name for the time being but please upgrade to new name in your load scripts).
- KloutIDFromFacebookThirdPartyId table added but not currently working (we have submitted a support request to Klout regarding this).
- KloutIDFromGooglePlusId table added.
- TwitterIdFromKloutID renamed to TwitterIdFromKloutId (old table name will be mapped to new name for the time being but please upgrade to new name in your load scripts);
- Added UserScoreFromKloutId, UserInfluenceFromKloutId and UserTopicsFromKloutId tables. Previous UserScore, UserInfluence and UserTopics tables are still based on the Twitter screen name.
- Changed format of most cache keys and many of the keys used when logging API calls.
- Response from Klout is no longer cached if it is just  (i.e. empty).
- type column added to Influence tables with value of influencee or influencer.
- UserScore, UserInfluence, UserTopics now named UserScoreFromTwitterScreenName, UserInfluenceFromTwitterScreenName, UserTopicsFromTwitterScreenName.
0.8.4 - 24/06/2012
- UserScore table now returns "Error: null returned" for status column in hte unusual case that the Klout API returns the string 'null' (previously this returned a more obscure error about parsing the JSON).
- In the case of a 504 gateway timeout error the connector will make a second attempt to the Klout API after a short wait.
0.8.3 - 24/05/2012
- UserScore, UserTopics and UserInfluence tables no longer log 404 errors as this is an expected condition when the user is not in the Klout database. An empty row will still be returned as before.
0.8.2 - 14/05/2012
- Updated for latest changes in Klout API including inclusion of delta and nick fields.
- New QVSource columns added identifying when the data was last cached.
- Mimumim cache time is now 1 hour instead of 0 hours.
0.8.1 - 08/05/2012
- 404 response no longer results in a default Klout score of 10 being assumed. The score field will be blank with an error in the status column.
0.8.0 - 17/04/2012
- scriptMode=Development now correctly included in load script for UserScore table when development mode checkbox ticked.