Please be aware that by following these instructions you will end up embedding credentials or access tokens directly in your QlikView or Qlik Sense script (although in most cases the password or OAuth token will be encrypted) so you should take care in who you distribute these applications to.
There may be some cases where you need to use a connector with several different accounts to authenticate with.
To use multiple accounts you need to embed the token or login credentials in your QlikView or Qlik Sense script. The process may vary slightly between connectors in how this is achieved but generally it is done by following these few steps:
- Open the connector you want to use in QVSource and go to the 'General Connector Settings' tab.
- Click the 'Delete Settings' button - this clears any stored authentication with the connector.
- Go back to the 'Connector' tab and authenticate with the connector.
NOTE - If QVSource automatically picks up your previous login and doesn't let you choose the account you want, try opening the Internet Explorer browser make sure that you are signed out of the service - you might also need to clear the browser cache.
Next, select the 'Embed Token' option:
- You can now generate and use the script in your QlikView or Qlik Sense application usual, but it will be specific to the currently authenticated account. You will now see the token or username and password (depending on the connector) in your load script, something like:
- Now repeat these steps for each account you want to use
Many of the connectors support this technique, including all the connectors with OAuth authentication.
PLEASE NOTE: If you are using a Connector which currently does not support this but which you require to do so please just contact us.